Jooly's European Escapade

"We’re all going on a summer holiday. No more working for a week or two. Fun and laughter on a summer holiday. No more worries for me and you. For a week or two. We’re going where the sun shines brightly. We’re going where the sea is blue. We’ve seen it in the movies. Now let’s see if it’s true. Everybody has a summer holiday Doing things they always wanted to. So we’re going on a summer holiday To make our dreams come true For me and you."

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Following in the footsteps of Moses

Mount Sinai is where Moses reputedly saw the "burning bush", which he considered to be a sign. Prompted by this, he climbed the mountain, returning at sunrise with the Ten Commandments.

Following in his footsteps, I packed my sleeping bag and dragged my lazy ass up the mountain and spent the night up there under the stars in the freezing cold. I saw heaps of shooting stars and the sunrise from the top of the mountain was spectacular.

I was very sore for many many many days after...